It is very important than ever to understand how search engine optimization works. Nowadays it’s necessary to understand what SEO means as well as the potential it creates to web sites.
Search engine optimization is a set of rules optimizing your website for search engines and improve your search engine rankings.
It is a way to increase the quality of the sites making it user-friendly, faster and very easy to navigate.
Search engines serve millions of people every day answering their questions or providing solutions to their problems. SEO helps sites and business grow in this competitive market.
The following are the importance of SEO
- Search engine users are more likely to click on the top 5 suggestions in the results pages. Your site needs to appear on the top so as to get more traffic and visitors.
- Good SEO practices improve user experience and usability of a site.
- Having a presence in the top suggestions, it increases the site’s trust. This is because of users trust of search engine.
- People who find your site share it to Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites thus SEO is important for social promotion of your site.
- SEO is important for the smooth running of a big web site. Web sites with more than one author can benefit from SEO in a direct and indirect way. Their direct benefit is an increase in search engine traffic and their indirect benefit is having a common framework to use before publishing content on the site.
- SEO puts you ahead of the competition. If your site is a search engine optimized site then it is likely to get more customers and visitors.
SEO will certainly improve your site overall searchability and visibility.
It’s important to note that there is a difference between the importance of SEO and social media. Both help to bring and increase traffic and engagement to your site.
Also, read the Importance of social media in blogging.