The Bloggers Association of Kenya (BAKE) will on Thursday 30th, 2021, 10am-1pm hold an event under the theme “The role of tech companies in the protection of Human Rights”.
The virtual event comes against the backdrop of technology companies, and especially tech startups, having the potential to play significant positive contributions to the promotion and protection of human rights.
In Kenya, the issue of data protection and data privacy is a matter of concern for many despite having the existence of the Data Protection Act.
How do we ensure that the organisations trusted with personal data use the best data protection practices?
During the event, participants will also learn more about what the Data Commissioner’s office has been doing to operationalize the Data Protection law in Kenya.
Below is list of speakers who will tackle pertinent topics at the event;
- Ms. Immaculate Kassait, Data Protection Commissioner
- Marie-Anne (Kui) Kinyanjui – Head of Regulatory and Public Policy at Safaricom PLC
- Linda Bonyo – Founder and CEO, Lawyers Hub
- Richard Wingfield, Head of Legal, Global Partners Digital
- Ephraim Percy Kenyanito, Senior Programme Officer, Article 19 International
- Cyrus M Maweu – Deputy Director/HOD, ECOSOC Davison, KNCHR
- Grace Mutung’u – Research Fellow at CIPIT
- Samuel Mbugua, Business Development Lead, Node Africa.