Established journalists, epidemiologists or digital storytellers (such as a blogger or social media content creator) with a minimum one year proven track record in health journalism and reporting are invited to apply for the WanaData Journalism Fellowships.
To be eligible, you must be based in Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, Senegal or Cameroon, and must be fluent in either English or French.
“Selected fellows are expected to have access to a computer with a reliable internet connection to benefit from the digital mentorship and electronic resources,” read part of the invite
If selected, the fellows will have the opportunity and access to:
- Win story grants for in-depth analysis and original reporting on issues relating to COVID-19 using data tools.
- A suite of digital multimedia tools and locally relevant data solutions to help you produce insightful investigative data-driven journalism, supported by interactive infographics.
- One-on-one mentorship with a specialist and veteran health editor/journalist, along with technical support from a team of data scientists and infographic designers.
- Support with syndicating your work in Africa and around the world to help amplify the reach and impact of your stories.
- An opportunity to network and collaborate with other African journalists interested in data-driven investigative projects.
Complete this form to apply for the WanaData fellowship and deadline for application is 30 July 2021