The Bloggers Association of Kenya (BAKE) is a community association of Kenyan bloggers and content creators that promotes online content creation and free expression in Kenya.
We intend to recruit a Communications Manager to join our organization. The successful applicant will report to the Executive Director.
We are looking for an experienced communications manager to oversee and implement the organization’s communications strategy. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter, engaging storyteller and trusted advisor able to support our fundraising efforts, mission delivery, and general organizational communications needs.
Develop and implement a comprehensive communications plan to support organizational objectives related to fundraising, program delivery, branding and organizational development. Identify opportunities and strategies to drive further organizational development. Plan and measure success toward goals.
The communications manager will be tasked with the following
- Develop overall communications strategy for the organization.
- Providing strategic communications support to staff and BAKE members.
- Ensure communications consistency among different stakeholders.
- Develop, plan, implement and monitor the company’s internal communication strategy.
- Working with executive leadership to assess needs, set goals, develop strategies and execute tactics.
- Measure and analyze current communications efforts.
- Developing and managing organization’s visual brand and messaging.
- Developing and implementing an editorial calendar.
- Writing fundraising-related content to inspire funding and communicate the impact of support given; Helping to develop online, direct mail and direct engagement fundraising campaigns that engage funders.
- Planning and creating messaging and collateral to support programs and partnership development and management; Engage partner organizations in promoting their relationship with BAKE.
- Planning and executing disaster response communications program.
- Pitching story ideas and securing coverage in regional, national, international and industry media.
- Develop and manage relationships with key media players to secure and grow media online and offline coverage.
- Monitor press coverage that relate to the organization’s brand.
- Coordinating organization’s presence at conferences and industry events; develop related presentations and collateral materials.
- Manage all online content, including organization’s website, social media and third-party website listings.
- Producing reports summarizing performance and impact for external and internal audiences.
- Identifying and cultivating strategic partnerships to expand the BAKE brand
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 3 years of experience. Prior experience in nonprofits is helpful.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Be a skilled designer and editor of written and visual presentations.
- Have a strong knowledge of website management and email marketing platforms.
- Have experience working with media and key influencers; be able to train others for interaction with media.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and be able to confidently provide communications-related guidance to organizational executives and BAKE members.
- Possess outstanding project management skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment and manage multiple priorities, projects and deadlines.
Interested candidates meeting the above criteria should forward an application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd March 2021 with the following:
- Cover letter
- Two references (with contact information – number and email).
- Two samples of published articles or attach samples to the application email.