A snippet on Stephen Siloma’s Linkedin profile says: “His mission is to inspire the world by being; a light-house of knowledge, a canvas of beauty and an icon of hope. He doesn’t get discouraged by his sweaty palms or defeats. He is a relentless soul not swayed by the whirling storm nor threatened by the spears that spin.”
But he simply describes himself as simple yet complex difficult to fathom and a hard nut to crack!
Stephen Siloma wears many hats. He is a web developer, graphics designer and digital marketer by profession. He also writes, does photography, mounts people (he mounts their photos onto walls, please. Dear Lawd, sanitize our minds!), sells my framed artworks, watches lots of educative documentaries, plays the piano, plays the guitar, reads and shares lots of memes on his WhatsApp status.
We asked him a few questions and this is what he had to say:
Share something interesting about your self.
Is there anything interesting about me? I really do not know. People say I am hilarious. I really concentrate when farting ?? and I love when my workmate Mercy plays Gengetone on her work computer fearlessly in the cold numb office!
What was your first phone?
What attracted/ inspired you into blogging?
I was a crazy workaholic. I still am, only that the crazy part is dropped now. I started blogging as I was an honourable introvert who had very little friends. I wrote my first blog on The Google Blogger telling a story of my high school life – Funny, people loved it. Today, I majorly write about the boy child.
What accomplishments are you proud of most?
- The day I learned how to play Johann Pachelbel’s – Canon on Piano, something I promised myself I will play 14 years back.
- The tons of people who constantly tell them that I inspire them.
If you had to describe yourself in three words, what would they be?
- Simple yet complex
- Difficult to fathom
- A hard nut to crack
What is your fav food, song, book, movie?
- Favourite Food – Ugali Nyama na spinach & Sukuma – No spice
- Favorite Song – Remmy Ongala – Asili Ya Muziki
- Favourite Movie – Forrest Gump
If you could time travel, where would you go?
Actually Nowhere! I really love where I am right now but if Heaven is applicable, I will not hesitate.
If you were not a blogger, what would you be instead?
Many things, A Deejay (BTW I used to Dj, I used to call myself Dj Siloma), A graphics designer, a photographer, software developer, a photographer
Where do you see yourself, in five years?
Just here on earth, amazingly satisfied and happy.
What is the funniest/strangest thing you’ve ever seen a stranger do?
Seeing people eating worms!
Any interesting hobbies, obsessions?
- Playing Basketball
- Playing the Piano, Guitar
- Sleeeeeeping! Sleep is good!
- Designing – I love designing anything, websites, logos, graphics, artworks etc.
Is there a quote/mantra you live by?
- History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heart-breaking obstacles before they triumphed. They refused to be discouraged by their defeats. – B.C Forbes
- Do unto others as they would like them to do unto you
If you were a superhero, who would you be and why?
None! I am my own superhero.
What is the best piece of advice you have ever received?
Don’t be a cow!
Loved his profile? Us too! Read more of Stephen Siloma’s content on his blog SilomaSays and BraIT Consulting. You can also find him on his social media @silomasays and @braitconsoulting on Twirra, Facebook and Instagram.