We are opening applications for the 2020 Digital Literacy and Fake News Virtual Training.
The training aims at creating awareness and stimulating conversations targeting the youth on governance issues such as anti-corruption, accountability, elections, fake news, digital rights and media freedoms.
Informed by perennial social and ethnic divisions among Kenyans of diverse backgrounds, the training will explore the use of digital communication platforms to bring together and enhance conversation among the Kenyan youth, especially on democratic and accountable governance.
In doing so the training hopes to increase the number of young citizens actively involved and positively participating in these conversations; and consequently, expand their knowledge on the issues affecting their communities through online and offline means.
The training will target 75 youth. The training will be in phases and the first phase will start in August. We will also have more training session in September and October. Successful applicants will be taken through intensive training on:
- Understanding the Digital landscape both internationally and locally
- Applying social media best practices to advocate for the Good governance
- Understanding how to spot Fake News, click baits, Misleading headlines
- Dealing with misinformation and Propaganda from the official and other sources
- Understanding the Cyber Security Risks of using Social Media
- Making money and opportunities online, among others
To register, kindly fill the application form. If you have any queries about the training, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org