Celebrating milestones: 2018 #BAKEAwards winner Elizabeth Wathuti has been shortlisted as a Regional Finalist for Africa competing for the young Champions of the Earth 2019 prize!
My Green Generation Initiative seeks to address challenges such as deforestation, climate change and environmental injustices, by nurturing young environmental enthusiasts to take action on climate action, zero hunger, quality education, and life on land. She achieves this through greening schools, environmental education, planting fruit trees for food security, and inculcating a tree growing culture among people for forest cover increment through an adopt a tree campaign, and through working on food forest establishments in schools.
Young Champions of the Earth aims to celebrate and support individuals aged between 18 and 30 who have outstanding potential to create a positive environmental impact.
- US$15,000 in seed funding;
- US$ 9,000 in funding to communicate and capture your idea and broadcast the stories of hope and change that you’re catalyzing on the ground.
- Attendance at a high-level UN meeting;
- An introduction to dignitaries at the Champions of the Earth Award Ceremony;
- Publicity and recognition through interviews and online and global media;
- Access to a community of Covestro experts offering insights and mentoring; and
- Participation in an entrepreneurial training program.
Bloggers Association of Kenya wishes to congratulate Elizabeth for this milestone. We will continue to celebrate you in your environmental conservation journey.