Names are generally used for establishing the identity of a person or thing. Names make us unique and cement footprints to the world. If your name is that important to you, don’t you think that your blog name should be important too?
Most people start blogs on a whim. Some start by writing about the activities in their lives and after a while when people start to care, the blog takes shape and they start making money is when they realize that the blog name matters. A blog name can either make your blog or break it. But sometimes, when you have been blogging for a while using a weird name, people adapt to it.
Famous blogs that have adapted to the blogging world, and made headlines include www.magunga.com, www.bikozulu.co.ke, and www.potentash.com. But, we can’t always be lucky. An investor can look at a blog name and dismiss it without even looking. Why? What you portray on the outside would portray what is on the inside.
For example, if your blog is finewine.com, it automatically tells the person that the blog is about wine, so is happygardening.com. But what about vivvienne.com? You can tell right away that it is a personal blog, but you won’t know about the content inside. Vivienne maybe blogs about fashion, but since it is a name of a person, people can mistake it for a personal blog. Can’t you see that you have already misled some readers? In this case, vivviannesfashion.com would make sense.
So, what is in a name? And how can you make sure that you have the perfect name for your blog? Brainstorm your blog name in the following ways:
- Incorporate a blogging niche. If your niche is in fashion, ensure that it is indicated clearly in the blog name. It goes a long way to easily identify your blog from other blogs and markets you too.
- Look for a unique way to name your blog. Be creative. You can do it by adding prefixes or even suffixes to the main word.
- Another way to can find a name for your blog is by doing it according to your target audience.
- Use a name generator too. They help not much, but sometimes it gives people ideas on names of blogs.
- Look at other blog names on the same niche. one can also find ideas out of looking at how established bloggers have named their blogs.
- Make it rememberable. Select a name that is easy to remember and spell. Also, have something that will stick in people’s minds.
- Explore blog tone. Are you writing sarcasm, humor, serious stories? That too can help you come up with a name.
Do you have any more ideas on how you can come up with a name?