We are looking to recruit an Accountant for our Finance Department. Below are details of the job.
The job will require entail the following:
- Confirming and verifying that all cash and cheques are duly receipted;
- Verifying the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records;
- Ensuring that accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable, cash books, etc) are accurate and duly maintained;
- Confirming that Monthly Bank reconciliations statements are correct and have been submitted to the management on or before the 10th day of the following month;
- Verifying that the Monthly Payroll, including PAYE, NHIF, NSSF, etc, are done correctly and all statutory deductions have been duly submitted to avoid penalties;
- Preparation and filing income tax returns on due dates;
- Updating, maintaining and confirming (where appropriate) that all trade and other licenses to ensure full compliance with City Council, Ministries, Kenya Bureau of Standards and other regulatory bodies that have a bearing on the organization;
- Checking and ensuring proper maintenance of petty cash management and control system;
- Confirming that the asset registers are maintained and updated;
- Undertaking any other relevant verification and internal auditing duties to ensure that financial reports needed by management are accurate and available;
- Verifying that there is an accurate register of all outstanding debtors and creditors;
- Ensuring that a proper debt and credit management system are in place and they are effectively in operation;
- Preparing monthly reports to management of creditors and debtors;
- Preparing engagement contracts for various service providers whom we will use for a period of 6 months or more e.g. caterer, bloggers, influencers, photography services, etc;
- Preparing budgets and forecasts for different events and activities carried out by BAKE throughout the year i.e. trainings and networking events.
Qualifications, experience and skills required
- Either CPA III qualification or a degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration from a recognized University.
- Knowledge and experience with Quickbooks accounting software. Experience with payroll systems and Quickbooks online will be an added advantage.
- At least one (1) year experience as an accountant.
- Ability to work in a team with minimal supervision.
- Above average oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly with a variety of people from varying backgrounds.
- Experience working in the non-profit sector in Kenya will be an added advantage.
To apply for this position, kindly email jobs(AT)bake.or.ke by 26th August 2016 with the following:
- Current CV with two (2) referees.
- One (1) reference letter from a previous employer.
- Cover letter (which should be in the body of the email).
- Include remuneration expectations.
Email jobs(AT)bake.or.ke or call 0704 090471 for any clarification regarding this job.