From the 28th to 31st January, Kenya Music Week will present ONGEA! – The Eastern Africa Music summit to be held at Sarit Centre Expo Hall in Westlands, Nairobi. This annual event that was previously known as Kenya Music Week now comes back rebranded, aimed at bolstering the Music Industry to broaden its scope while maintaining its three pillars: Trade, Learn and Showcase.
The Forum hopes to:
• Action the collaborative Development of the Eastern Africa Music Industry
• Enlist increased Participation from the wider Music Industry in the Region,
• To market Eastern Africa Music as a Trading Block.
• Be a hub of Innovation and Attract increased Global Support, in terms of Skill and Knowledge Transfer.
• Broaden Funding sources for Start-ups.
We will hold a Blogging and Social Media Training at this year’s ONGEA! Music summit from 9am to 12pm on Friday 29th January. The training will be at the showcase area of Sarit Centre Expo Hall.
During the training, we will tackle topics such as: personal online branding and management, writing skills and readership, understanding Copyright and fair use, Social Media ethics, among others.
Other than cover topics that focus solely on blogging, we will also touch on copyright in regard to content ownership, originality and authenticity. Participants will also be trained about the use of social media to market their brand.
To attend this training, please register here
The deadline for registration is Wednesday, 27th January 2016.
Image Credit: LifeinMombasa.com