Are you a writer who is passionate about women’s achievement? Do you have an appreciation of the pivotal role played by women in society? Do you have a clear understanding of the challenges faced by women, not just globally but in Africa as well? If you answer yes to these questions, then you could be the person AfroMum is looking for.
AfroMum is a leading African parenting blog that publishes articles recognizing, celebrating and encouraging African women in their careers and in raising a family.
They seek to hire one writer with a wealth of experience in writing and one who has a very good understanding of the 21st century African Woman and Mother.
The writer must demonstrate a love for children and parenting in general.
The writer will be required to write features, news, opinion pieces (op-ed), product & service reviews, attend events and carry out research finding analysis.
- Must have a clear understanding of our target readership
- Must have excellent writing skills
- Must have existing published articles on the following topics; Technology, Lifestyle, Parenting, Entrepreneurship
- Must be an active user of social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook & Instagram.
- Mothers and female writers are highly encouraged to apply
How to apply
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ALL the following files;
- Updated CV with details of Social Media handles
- 2 articles of not less than 500 words each on any of the following topics; Technology, Lifestyle, Parenting, Entrepreneurship. The articles should be targeted primarily at female readers.
- A cover letter demonstrating your passion and how it aligns with AfroMum’s goals.