For three years now, Ahadi Kenya Trust has organized an exciting fun-filled event dubbed the Jigger Staircase Relay. In this event, Individuals, organizations, NGOs, corporate companies, Media,Universities, Colleges and Schools register to participate in teams of 5-10. Each team takes turns in running from the KICC lawn, through the lengthy KICC staircase all the way to the helipad on the 27th floor and back. The team that finishes first is then awarded prizes.
This year we have partnered with Ahadi Kenya Trust in its 4th edition of Sportpesa Jigger Staircase Relay which will be held on Saturday, the 15th of August at the KICC starting from 6.30am.
Through this annual event, Ahadi Kenya Trust aims to:
• Create awareness (both locally and internationally) about the Jiggers pandemic
•Raise funds to facilitate treatment and rehabilitation of children infested and affected by the jigger menace.
• To drum up support especially government, non government and corporate support in a bid to eradicate jiggers
• To celebrate and appreciate the supporters of Anti-Jigger campaign.
• To recognize the milestones made in the Anti-Jigger campaign so far.
• To build strong networks as a source of learning and sharing of best CSR practices and team building exercise.
Other activities that go on during the event include Sack-races, three-legged races, Tug-of-War, and egg races. Participating corporates will also have a chance to exhibit their products and services on the KICC lawn.
The number of participating teams has increased over the years with last year seeing more than 50 corporate bodies, government institutions, NGOs, County Governments and individuals taking part in the Jigger Staircase Relay. It is hoped that this year’s event will attract similar large numbers if not more.
Registration is by paying Ksh.1, 000 per person. Payment can be made through Mpesa Paybill No. 910110, or cash payment at the venue. Each participant gets a t-shirt after registration.
We hope you will join us.
For more information, call 0713 477 621