We are looking to recruit a Marketing and Communications Executive for the Communications Department. The successful applicant will report to the Administration Manager.
The Communications Executive will be tasked with the responsibility of implementing BAKE’s communications strategy.
The main duties and responsibilities are:
• To respond to all queries in respect of BAKE from general public, media, special interest groups etc;
• Ensure there is coverage for BAKE functions. Make sure that other forms of communications by the company are prepared and issued in line with brand guidelines and are aligned with overall communications strategy;
• Maintain and improve the Public Relations policy of BAKE taking into account the internal and external changes in the market;
• Advise and recommend to BAKE the possible outcomes and response scenarios based on strategic initiatives made in the year;
• Be able to analysis trends and advise on issues that may give BAKE strategic advantage;
• Coordinating outreach programs;
• Preparing media releases, reacting to media reports and writing proactive media reports;
• Developing comprehensive corporate communication strategies;
• Providing professional assistance in all areas of communication, public relations and media relations;
• Coordinate all public relations related activities including publishing newsletters, flyers, producing CDs, etc;
• Review new technologies and keep the company at the forefront of developments in online marketing;
• Identifying key audiences and creating communication strategies for these audiences both online and offline
• Developing and managing digital marketing campaigns
• Overseeing the social media strategy for the company
• Managing online brand and product campaigns to raise brand awareness.
• Evaluating customer research, market conditions and competitor data.
• Social networks – monitoring of activity, question answering, content creation, trend analyzing, issue resolving
• Perform market research to assess viability of potential new products and to measure success of recent campaigns.
• To stay up to date on current and upcoming global internet business trends and solutions.
• To maintain up to date competitive intelligence within markets and market segments.
• To proactively employ strategies and tactics that will result in new business.
Profile of the Candidate
1. Must have a diploma in Communications or Marketing from a recognized college. A degree in Communications or Marketing from a recognized University will be an added advantage.
2. A skilled creative writer who has experience in writing. Skills in social media management, practical experience in both consumption and generation of social media content will be an added advantage.
3. Must be proactive, innovative,a team player and able to work with a highly dynamic team with minimal supervision.
Interested candidates meeting the above criteria should forward an application with two samples of articles written or links to two blog posts published and a CV to email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd May 2015.