January 18th is Internet Freedom day. As a part of the campaign to mark the day we are calling on all Kenyans Online to write about something they love on the Internet that they never want to see censored. Your contribution can be in the form of blog posts, tweets, Facebook updates and/or YouTube videos.
Join us and other organizations around the world and take part in defending our free expression rights online.
Actions to take on 18th January Internet Freedom Day
- Write on what free expression online means to you (Either in form of a Blog post, Tweet or Facebook update)
- What’s something you love on the net that you’d never want to see censored? (Either in form of a Blog post, Tweet or Facebook update)
- Share on your Social Media profiles what free expression online means to you and why it needs to be protected
- Participate in a Social Media Blast on 18th January from 11am – 4pm using the Hashtag#iFreeKe
- Visit Kenya Monitor(www.monitor.co.ke) for more actions and information
We have provided several images for you to use in the campign. You can change your AVIs or banners on your different online platforms.